Patient privacy is the top concern for DocASAP. DocASAP will only provide personally identifiable patient information to those particular medical practices that a patient books appointments with to allow proper patient treatment. Information may also be handled by third party service providers such as hosting services that are bound by similar privacy restrictions.
Storage of your information
To book an appointment, DocASAP requires you to provide us with your full name, contact information, and insurance type and to create a username and password.
- DocASAP stores your appointment history and contact information in order to facilitate with future appointment requests.
- DocASAP stores server logs of user session activity in order to optimize site interface for faster and easier bookings.
- DocASAP stores cookies on your hard drive in order to save field entries (e.g., location, username, and password) in order to permit a more streamlined booking experience. You can set your browser to block cookies if you would not like your hard drive to save DocASAP cookies.
- DocASAP will also saves personal correspondence sent from you, including appointment and doctor reviews and help emails.
Usage of your information
- DocASAP only uses your personal information only to facilitate your appointments and to send you DocASAP reminders or promotions (i.e., we won't sell personally identifiable data to third parties).
- DocASAP only uses your session activity server logs to optimize the DocASAP site interface.
- DocASAP aggregates non-personally identifiable data so that practices can understand appointment demand habits and preferences.
Disclosure of your information
DocASAP will not sell or share any personally identifiable information to any third party other than medical providers with whom you book appointments. DocASAP takes safeguards to protect your data on its secure servers and in internal communications. DocASAP does reserve the right to share non-personally identifiable information about your appointments. Specifically, if you submit a review on a medical provider, DocASAP reserves the right to publish that review on its site. Also, DocASAP reserves the right to provide non-personally identifiable and aggregated statistics on patient appointment demand preferences and habits to practices and third-parties in order to inform them how to optimize their scheduling practices.
DocASAP disclaims responsibility for potential disclosures of data by either medical providers that you have booked appointments with or other third parties.As required by law, DocASAP will comply with court-ordered requests for your contact information. Again, DocASAP is not responsible for disclosures of your data by law enforcement officials.
Security of your information
DocASAP uses secured infrastructure to store your data, and protects data transmissions using firewalls, company policy and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) transactions. Despite these strong data security standards, DocASAP cannot prevent data breaches by third parties.