Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Job Opening: Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
DocASAP seeks a seasoned Senior DevOps engineer to join the Engineering team. The position needs an individual with a strong technical background who relishes complex problems, is an analytical thinker, and has a keen eye for details. The role entails working with developers to optimize the DocASAP product release process, managing a fleet of servers and applications on AWS, and ensuring high availability.
Location: Herndon, VA
- Automate application deployment with zero downtime
- Develop internal tools for application and infrastructure monitoring
- Streamline server and application configuration management
- Understand and proactively mitigate security threats
- Implement monitoring for server and application metrics with real-time notifications based on severity levels
- Research and make continuous improvements to the build and release process
- Architect fault-tolerant, scalable, cost-optimized solutions to satisfy complex technical requirements
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years experience in a dedicated DevOps role
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with deployment and management of Microservices
- Expertise in CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Chef, Ansible
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (Solutions Architect/SysOps Certification Preferred)
- Proficient with Unix-based systems like CentOS and RedHat
- Experience in shell/python scripting and version control systems like Git
- Understanding of networking concepts like VPN, load-balancing, NATs
- Familiarity with distributed systems
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
DocASAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. DocASAP, Inc.’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.